Tuesday, March 31, 2015

WHAT IS YOUR LEADERSHIP STYLE?

I haven't noticed that what my Leadership Style is before I learn about it. While I am leading the student’s team, mostly I tried to include all members in the decision-making process and I encourage their creativity and engagement. As a result, team members tend to have high satisfaction of being a follower of my group. So as a reflection, I used approach of Democratic Leaders. But this is not always same approach and good way to accomplish the task. Sometime when the task is need to be done by the time, I used to made decision without consulting with the team members even if their input would be useful. I think this can be appropriate when I need to make decision quickly and the team agreement isn't necessary to successful outcome.

There are many leadership style frameworks. However I don't know much and I think the leadership style we will used is mainly depend on the two factors, people and tasks. With people oriented leadership style, we focus on organizing, supporting and developing the team members. With task oriented leadership style, we focus on getting the job done. So I think I need to develop my leadership style by thoroughly understanding of other's leadership framework and styles. THE MORE APPROACHES I AM FAMILIAR WITH, THE MORE FLEXIBLE I CAN BE.


Useful Leadership Style Framework

Lewin's Leadership Styles
The Blake-Mouton Managerial Grid Blake-Mouton Managerial Grid BlakeMouton
The Hersey-Blanchard Situational Leadership® Theory Hersey-Blanchard Situational Leadership Theory
Path-Goal Theory Path-Goal Theory
Six Emotional Leadership Styles Six Emotional Leadership Styles
Flamholtz and Randle's Leadership Style Matrix Leadership Style Matrix
Transformational Leadership transformational leadership
Dunham and Pierce's Leadership Model
Bureaucratic Leadership
Charismatic Leadership

3 comments:

  1. useful topic fully with practical thoughts and visions and good arrangement for your points with high classification details.
    +
    i hope to accepted my view also about somethings leading to the successful leadership which is .
    * good managing clothes style in some meetings.
    * preparing the " very hard point to ignoring " it while discussing the matters.
    * interrupting sometimes with kind of negotiation peoples.

    thanks Rashida,,,
    Mahmoud El Metwaly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your suggestions, really appreciated and good to noted as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your suggestions, really appreciated and good to noted as well :)

    ReplyDelete