Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Meeting Online Friends in Real Life!

My Singapore trip was really Awesome, Alhamdullilah! This was my first trip to SG, I went there to attend World Confederation of Physical Therapy Congress. I started my trip two days before the congress just to explore the SG. I planned everything before few days to depart (I like planned trip but always happy to have an adventure part by fate). I was pretty sure that all of the upcoming events and meet up with friends and cousins would be amazing (God Will) but there’s one of the most interesting thing of my trip , it was I had plan to meet my online friends in person very first time after facebooking, knocking, chatting and Instagramming each other for a long time. I don’t have any interest to bang everyone I met online, not at all. I am so conscious and even irritate for having new friends. I was so excited to meet these two new friends, one has been living and working in SG for a couple of years but another one is unexpectedly and surprisingly came SG from Malaysia for her own reason but it seem to me like she came only to meet me. These are interesting and exciting part of my trip.

One funny part is that maybe you have heard “Safety tips for meeting online friends for first time” and “Dangers of meeting online friends in real life” (jokes) .Really I didn’t plan to bring many friends and I didn’t have the escape route but I did some research about them. I did research before I had no idea about one day I’ll meet them because I already had some interest on them, they just amazing creatures, caring and top of them is they are lovely funny girls. So, it turned just amazing when I knew that I am going to meet them. It’s not just finished by having excitement before we meet but rather more interesting when I met them. I am a kind of moderate introvert personality and too much worried about not to happen awkward moment when I meet new friends. But it doesn’t mean I don’t love spending time with friends and interacting with familiar people in social situations. Thanks God, that girls saved me, it was like when I see them they did really set me off to overcome something kind of shyness. They are such a gorgeous, outgoing and cute. My very first question to them was “Is it the same as you expected or any difference Online me and Real me?” Both responded “YES” and not that different. That’s pretty cool to know how I am presenting online and how people expect me in real life, because nowadays my online level of presence is getting dominated than real life level of presence as I am struggling to survive in the extremely busy life. Another thing I’ve learned was asking awkward questions in the first few minutes, some people suggested that when you meet online people outside, don’t try to figure out how you know each other. Yes, it will be really creepy question if you ask them. Not everyone have the same intention who to make friend, so better leave that part and enjoy the moments. I hung out a lot and had fun with them during my stay in SG, which I really didn’t expect! So it’s worth to meet online friend in real life but I would say who to meet is your choice!



“Met By Chance Become Friends By Choice”
It’s been a while I back from the trip but I couldn’t manage and squeeze my time to blog about that. When I was on board on the way back home, I made reflection for what I got, what I achieved and what I have learnt from the trip, I noticed that both of you were played a big role of my trip. Hope to see you again in the future (InShaAllah).

2 comments: